Subject: RE: What do people really expect from ebXML? - A way forward ->

Title: RE: What do people really expect from ebXML? - A way forward ->
The reason for saying a vertical route might get a bit further is that not every industry is tied into the EWG/X12 initiatives.

Martin Roberts
xml designer,
BTexact Technologies
e-mail: martin.me.roberts@bt.com
tel: +44(0) 1473 643775
fax: +44(0) 1473 646668

pp Columba House Rm123, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5 3RE, UK

-----Original Message-----
From: CRAWFORD, Mark [mailto:MCRAWFORD@lmi.org]
Sent: 03 May 2001 17:52
To: 'martin.me.roberts@bt.com'; 'ebXML Core' (E-mail)

Martin,

        I agree with much you have written, however I don't agree with the assessment that domain specific context is too hard in a cross-industry setting.  Hard? Yes!  Most things in life are hard.  Too hard? NO!!!  That is what the EWG/X12 core components initiative is all about.  Please join us as we take the building blocks of ebXML and move them from a concept to a robust CC library that covers Core and Context in a true inter-industry approach and as our BP counterparts in EWG and X12 leverage those CC in their modeling efforts.

        BTW, there is a very strong possibility that in EWG we will also be working with noted XML experts in developing XML instantiations of the JCC catalog.

Mark
Mark Crawford
Research Fellow - XML Lead
E-business Strategies
______
Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177   Fax (703) 917-7518
Wireless (703) 655-4810
mcrawford@lmi.org
http://www.lmi.org