Subject: Re: Oooh - Ouch! Is it necessarily the Truth if it Hurts?

i am not sure what the point being made is, but as an Australian who was
actively involved in ebXML standards development, i must explain something about
the process here.

if, by stakeholders, you mean those putting money into this, then you are
incorrect.  to my knowledge, the UN does not pay anyone, anything to do this
work.  all those involved pay their own way and give up their own time.  The
reality is that those making the financial investments here are the mainly
US-based technology providers.  the nett effect is that the UN gains
intellectual property from this work.  So we in India, Australia, Thailand and
Singapore (the 'second' world?) are beneficaries.  If you want greater
involvement then someone has to foot the bill.  perhaps you could lobby the UN
to encourage and sponsor participation from these regions?

More importantly, Todd is correct is saying there is benefit in those leading
business vocabularies today converging their models and vocabularies for the
broad horizontal layer and registering them within an ebXML registry.  This
could provide a 'proof-of-concept' to the ongoing work in the UN with its Core
Components and Business Process teams.  There has been such a forum mooted and I
think you will see announcements soon -  so pass the fine champagne and don't
give up on us yet!