Subject: RE: Example Scenarios Used Within the Aerospace Industry

Todd,

> But don't slow down the CC vocabulary.  I would appreciate an explicit
> vote of confidence from the BP community, for the existing CC
> vocabulary.

Well the ebXML BP team, like all ebXML teams are still morphing into OASIS
or CEFACT bodies; to continue the vision. (catepillar to a butterfly ?!)
Technically calling a "vote" .... !

> I see no reason the work on BP should delay the immediate adoption
> of core components vocabulary for the PO, the party, etc. by
> SMEs, in simple HTTP interactions, TODAY.  These interactions are
> already spreading rapidly in non-standard vocabularies, both within
> collaboration frameworks and outside them.  This proves the viability
> of custom HTTP interactions with something like biztalk server.

In ebXML, when you get down to the lower level of the UMM BP metamodel, a BP
also specifies which 'payload' details need to handled. 'payoads' can be CC
or traditional EDI or ... They are all 'payloads' of business information to
support the BP. Further my take is CC will become more 'efficient payloads'
to support a modeled BP.

> In other words, the BP layers under construction should
> conform with existing vocabulary which is being implemented
> within the business document level.  Does the BP layer require
> changes in the party.details, quantity.type, identifier.type, etc.
> in the CC excel spreadsheet?

To be clear, BP drives the need(s) for payloads (details) to support the
collaborating BP; along with other technical transport criteria -- 'reliable
messaging required', or .... So I think you mean it's the other way round
re. 'conformance' !

All the best
Dave Welsh