Subject: Re: To get things started.... Data formats

I agree with what Betty says below (except she probably meant & when talking
about entities, rather than $); and would like to add that no existing parser
(or any future conforming one) would be able to read the Processing Instruction
you use <?ebxml Document, version#=1.0, encoding&="UTF-8"> and know that your intention
is to use UTF-8 as encoding -- that is not an xml declaration; xml declarations
start with the string "<?xml", not "<?ebxml".

Let me put this another way: what you use looks suspiciously like XML, but it
isn't. Of course you can use whatever you wish for your own purposes, but please
be aware that it is a disservice to call it what it isn't, and present it to the
unwary as interchangeable and standard.

One thing is extensibility; another, quite different, is disregarding the rules.

Eduardo