Subject: RE: DRAF RE: How to Create an ebXML Order (EDI 850 transaction set)

	-----Original Message-----
	From: James Bryce Clark
	Sent: Fri 7/13/2001 5:29 PM
	To: Jamie.clark@mmiec.com
	Cc: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
	Subject: DRAF RE: How to Create an ebXML Order (EDI 850
transaction set)

	I can't say whether xCBL is an appropriate starting point.  A
better
	approach would have been to set neutral requirements first.  It
seems an
	internally consistent or adequately designed starting point.
But I am glad
	someone is trying.

	Jamie:

	Words of wisdom!!

	I think that there also may be a mispecetion of exactly what the
UBL group is going to do.  We stated that we are examining xCBL as a
potantial starting point to build a set of ebXML business messages.
Commerce One has graciously donated its' IP for our group to start with.
No one else came up and did this.

	In the process,  if xCBL does not fit the bill,  it will likely
be changed to make it work with ebXML and use the work of EDI where
appropriate.  We should all note that there are many edi people working
on this group and they will also donate their expertise.

	It will be interesting to see what transpires.  I am anxious to
get working on this.  I view it as the point where the rubber hits the
pavement.

	Cheers

	Duane nickull