Subject: RE: DRAF RE: How to Create an ebXML Order (EDI 850 transaction set)

What is the UBL project? I searched around some, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Boyle [mailto:tboyle@rosehill.net]
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 12:42 PM
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Cc: Duane Nickull; James Bryce Clark; Jamie.clark@mmiec.com
Subject: RE: DRAF RE: How to Create an ebXML Order (EDI 850 transaction
set)

Smaller businesses are waiting for data elements and business docs to
become available in the ebXML registry.  Many of us were thrilled when
the CBL vocabulary emerged, and less-than-thrilled at the speed of ebXML
in comparison.

Reading the latest http://www.edifact-wg.org/EWGX12.htm and
http://www.ecp.nl/tens/EWG/, it is my personal impression that in the
immediate future, there is not going to be a common horizontal
vocabulary suitable for SMEs coming from EWG's work.  I apologize
if this is incorrect and I do not mean to diminish EWGs work in any
way.

I'm glad Jon Bosak and others on the UBL project (like Duane Nickull)
are working on a set of data elements and business documents.  Any
coherent, common vocabulary will be quite attractive compared to
today's dozens of little vocabularies such as the various billing and
payments formats, etc.  I do expect UBL to be the first to market, and
that it will probably gather a very large adoption within 12-24 months.

TOdd