Subject: RE: How to Create an ebXML Order (EDI 850 transaction set)

John,

In fairness to those you criticize for not sharing your knowledge and
appreciation of the "direct" XEDI approach, where is it documented?  I've
looked at the XEDI white paper:

	http://www.xedi.org/pdf/XEDI_Tech_Paper.pdf

As of today, it doesn't mention the direct approach in XEDI.  On the
contrary, it says "XMLSolutions [acquired by Vitria, your employer] uses
only a handful of element names such as transactionSet, segment, element,
value and name. All other information is conveyed as the attributes or
contents of these elements."  Indeed, it goes on to argue at length against
(what seems to be) the direct approach, so I can well understand why Arofan
and others evaluated XEDI as they did.

Tony