Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] code lists in Core components

The ebXML registry does not define any standard ClassificationScheme instances. It
simply defines the ability to publish, discover and use ClassificationSchemes.

To find out about registry ClassificationSchemes read latest Registry Information
Model spec at:

 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200108/msg00090.html

Farrukh

Imre Eva wrote:

> Hello,
> you can be right.
> Where can I find more about registry ClassificationScheme? Doc.s or example or
> anything else....
> The whole documentation is too large, actually I'm reading teh. reports about
> CC.
> thanks, Eva
>
> Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>
> > Imre,
> >
> > Common coding schemes can be defined as ClassificationSchemes in an OASIS
> > ebXML Registry. Examples are ISO 3166 Geography scheme, UNSPSC, NAICS.
> > Unless I am mistaken, registry ClassificationSchemes are the better fit for
> > what you are looking for rather than core components.
> >
> > Imre Eva wrote:
> >
> > > Hello List,
> > > we are developing a scheme of telecom invoice and want to follow ebXML
> > > directions.
> > > My question is about core components and common international codes.
> > > These codes are mentioned in core components too like country,
> > > currency,...codes (ISO or UN/ECE Rec.-s) and I'd like to know whether I
> > > can find schemes for them or is it plan to define (by maintainamnce
> > > organisation or somebody else) or shall we define them ourselves.
> > > TIA & br,
> > > Eva Imre
> > > (ETIS, EBG)

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard