Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Announce - Latest Article on ebXML

Dale,

Thanks for taking the time to make such a well reasoned and detailed
argument.   As a minor point, I would like to point out that what I'm
offering is not a formal pattern of inference but an informal argument, so
the same rules don't apply.  In general, I find any attempts to get very
formal in predicting the future to be pretty dubious.

At any rate, you don't agree with the assessment and rationale regarding the
ebXML CPA/CPP.  Fair enough, I'll be glad to provide further rationale. But,
the main issue ultimately comes down to whether the value added to an SME is
worth the cost of implementation (and, more to the point, whether developers
for the SME market will think so!).  I'm even open to reconsidering my
assessment, but I would like to hear some convincing arguments why a higher
estimate is justified.   Mr. Kammerer provided a few.  Are you saying you
just don't feel comfortable gazing into a crystal ball, or would you like to
provide your own estimate and rationale?

Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com