Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Discovery

Farrukh Najmi wrote <snipped>:

> One can believe that just-in-time (JIT) partnerships are a looney idea. One can also
> believe that while it may seem bizarre by today's business standards, if the right
> conditions exist in the future, JIT partnerships will be the norm and not the
> fringe. However, one cannot believe that ebXML as a whole is a fantasy if one thinks
> JIT partnerships is a crazy idea.
>
> To discredit ebXML because it *CAN* support automated discovery of partners is
> missing the point at best and creating pure FUD at worst..

Points well made, and I fully agree.  If anyone got the impression that I was
criticizing ebXML on that basis from either my comment or Mr. Nieman's message or from
other writings, that is not what I intended to convey.  On the contrary, the "automated
discovery" aspect of ebXML 1.0 was one of the least documented and least developed
(aside from the RegRep UDDI white paper), so much so that I have not even considered it
in any detail in my critique.  There's quite enough to consider without going that far
out onto the fringes.

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com