Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebXML CPA/CPP Estimate

Title: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebXML CPA/CPP Estimate

Mike,

If you snoop around your PC, regardless of which OPSYS you use, you'll find a plethora of 'configuration files'.  I look at the CPP/CPA stuff as YACF (Yet another configuration file). And just like the ones on your PC, they are set up once and mostly forgotten.  Add some hardware, or choose different defaults for some software, and your configuration file changes.  Add some new communication interfaces, or add some new business messages, and your CPP/CPA changes.

Configuration files make life a little easier for software designers and system administrators, and configuration files for ebXML-based software would exist whether standardized or not.  How thoguhtful of the ebXML designers to give up-front thought to standardizing a nearly 'invisible' part of the machinery.  I haven't (yet) read your article, but I would rate CPP/A pretty high.

Cheers,
        Bob Miller