Subject: [ebxml-dev] BPMI?

I just saw this in Sterling Commerce's latest newsletter:

BPML: LAUNCHING A NEW ERA IN BUSINESS PROCESS MANAGEMENT

Imagine a world where people speak a language that brilliantly describes

the molecular structure of a large object but can't tell you what the
object is - or that it's about to fall on you. You've just glimpsed the
arcane world of business process applications. Fortunately, an emerging
Business Process Management Language (BPML) standard championed by
Sterling
Commerce is beginning to change all that.  To learn more about BPML and
the
Business Process Management Initiative, brain trust and developer of the

new open standard, click below.

http://www.sterlingcommerce.com/resourcecenter/viewpoints/bpml.html

On the surface it sounds like it overlaps with ebXML BP, and maybe one
or two other initiatives.  What does this look like to anyone else?

From my limited perspective, it looks like another vendor driven
effort...

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com