Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] BPMI?

At 06:43 PM 2/21/02, Rajesh_KumarT wrote:
* * * ebXML is more worried about "Business Process Collaboration" rather than "Describing the Business Process of an organization and integration with technical implementation" which is the concern of BPML. * * * BPML can be seen ( not in entirety ) as an evolution of EAI with lot more capabilities.

There were some useful cross-discussions about BPML and ebXML BP in the summer of 2001.  My impression from those was exactly the same as Rajesh's.  BPML is much closer to an EAI paradigm, albeit extendable across boundaries between trading partners.  ebXML is much more concerned with negotiated (versus centrally orchestrated) interactions between independent TPs who wish to synchronize, but without giving up control.

Regards  Jamie Clark

~ James Bryce Clark
~ VP and General Counsel, McLure-Moynihan Inc.
~ Chair, ABA Business Law Subcommittee on Electronic Commerce
~ 1 818 597 9475   jamie.clark@mmiec.com    jbc@lawyer.com
~ This message is neither legal advice nor a binding signature.  Ask me why.