Subject: AW: [ebxml-dev] ebXML Message Polling Mechanism

Hello,

David wrote:
> SMTP will be slower and will not support larger files.

Actually I noted on the former TR&P Group, that the Protocol Binding for
SMTP is incorrect. It would be better to define a Protocol Handling for
"Mail", cause normally you will use Mail in Poll Environments (IMAP or
POP3 to an Mailbox).

SMTP is neighter slower nor has it file size limitations (compared to
async HTTP) as long as you have direct connections. Only if you use
multiple MTA chains you may find yourself limited in message size or
speed. Of course, this is the usual way. You will want to use SMTP if
you cant offer a statically assigned IP address or 24-on operation.

I have actually a draft for HTTP Polling in order to support Large
Communities with Dialup Clients. If anyone is interested? This describes
the shortcoming of a Push based System in a Mailbox/Van/Hub environemnt
and also discuss the additional security and infrastructure requirements
for Push technology which could be avoided by Pull operation.

Greetings
SEEBURGER AG
Bernd Eckenfels
--
SEEBURGER AG, Edisonstrasse 1, D-75015 Bretten, Germany
Fax:+49(0)7252 96-2400 Fon:+49(0)7252 96-1256 <http://www.seeburger.de/>