Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Schema Problem?

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 Vijaya Kumar wrote...
>

> Hi all,
>
> once again the same question.
>
> when i try to validate the ebXML message ( according to ebXML MS 1.0
> spec) using the fallowing schema loaction
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/draft-msg-header-0
> 0.xsd
> i am getting the fallowing Exception
>
> i tried other schemas like
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/draft-msg-header-0
> 1.xsd
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/draft-msg-header-0
> 2.xsd

Trying these schemas, I got more errors than -00.xsd. I did not looked in those
errors.

> etc...
>
> but they all fallow ebXML MS spec 2.0
>
> 1>	Error:  org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Error: constraint 3.x.3:
> Attribute 'form' cannot appear in element 'attribute'.

The schema http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/schema/xml_lang.xsd is
incorrect as per XMLSchema spec. It defines an attribute 'form' on a global
element 'attribute' which is not permissible.

see: http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#declare-attribute

> 2>	Error:  org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Datatype error: In
> element 'eb:TimeToLive' : Value '22:20' is not legal value for
> 	current datatype. Year separator is missing or misplaced.

The datatype of TimeToLive is defined as dateTime in the schema. Thus a value
'22:20' would give error.

see: http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime

> 3>	Error:  org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "eb:status"
> must be declared for element type "eb:SequenceNumber".

For the element SequenceNumber, the schema defines a default attribute by name
'type' and value 'Continue'. But, it does not defines any attribute by the name
'status'. I have not much idea about ebXML. Thus, either the instance file or
the schema may be corrected. Someone should correct me here.

> 4>	Error:  org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Datatype error: In
> element 'eb:SequenceNumber' : 0 is out of bounds:[ 1 <= X    ]

The datatype of SequenceNumber is defined as positiveInteger in the schema,
which has a range greater than or equal to 1.

see: http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#positiveInteger

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rahul.