Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebMS TR&P tags

Title: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebMS TR&P tags
<snip>
That's the role of Manifest/Reference, the Reference element provides pointers to the
"call parameters" for this Service/Action.

The payload is passed to the Service/Action as a set of parameters and this completes the "call frame".
</snip>

    Compared to an RPC call (.....my understanding)
        # The ebXML MSH represents an RPC server
        # The service represents the interface
        # The action represents a function in the interface
        # the payload represents the paramaters passed to this function call

    Now if only the payload gets passed to the service/action, of what use is the 'Manifest' which may also reference resources not included in the payload?
    Besides, for individual payload content the manifest lists the schemas required for validation processing. Wouldnt this be required to be passed on to the 'service/action' that actually processes the message? This implies that after the MSH has processed the TRP information, it must pass the payload and at-the-least the Mainfest (if not the entire ebXML message) information to the 'Service/Action', right?

    Also, this is what the ebXML spec says for Manifest :

  The purpose of the Manifest is:

·          to make it easier to directly extract a particular payload associated with this ebXML Message,

·          to allow an application to determine whether it can process the payload without having to parse it.

Now if the Manifest has been included in the header-container section (to be processed by the MSH), what does it do with the manifest information?

Thanks

+ dipan