Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Interface between MSH and Applications

The MSH supports multiple applications.  The Service and Action elements
and the CPAId, conversationId, and messageId attributes support routing of
received messages to the correct  application.

Regards,
Martin SAchs

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com

                      Patrick Yee
                      <kcyee@csis.hku.h        To:       ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
                      k>                       cc:
                      03/21/2002 05:19
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Patrick Yee

Hi Everybody,
We have a question about the interface between MSH and applications. In the
specification, there is a layer called Message Service Interface (MSI). The
application will be talking to MSI to access the functionalities provided
by MSH. My question is: will a MSH serve only one application? Or a MSH
will serve multiple applications through MSI?

Why we have this question is that, if the latter case is true, we have to
define an identifier for each application using the MSH, so that the MSH
can dispatch the ebXML message received to the corresponding application.
Is there such an identifier defined in the specification?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-Patrick
--