Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] IBM's IP statement to OASIS

Marty:

> IBM will not charge royalties for either of the two patents mentioned in
> the declaration.  Bob asked me to point out that IBM did follow OASIS IP
> policy and therefore will not need to amend the declaration.

It is heartening to see IBM do the "honourable" thing in this situation, and thereby
mitigate any negative fallout as the regards the nascent traction that ebXML is now
starting to garner in the business community.

You and IBM and to be commended for the quick and righteous resolution of this
issue.

A sincere thank you!

...Andrzej

Chaeron Corporation