Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Distributive Directories ?

David,

I wanted to mention that ebXML Registry has for more than a year now a planned
work item to support Federated ebXML Registries. This work item is now slated
for V3 based on the current Registry TC plans. Unlike a replicated approach the
federated registry approach is more like a distributed (partitioned) database
where the union of all members of a federation appear as a single logical
registry to clients performing a federated operation.

We intend to have early prototypes done as the federated registry spec evolves
in the Open Source implementation of ebXML Registry at:

    http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.com

I would be interested in a discussion on requirements for this feature based on
our wealth of collective experience.

Farrukh