Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Article on ebXML Core Components ...

Scott Nieman wrote:
> What the world needs is lower cost of entry to e-business, and by providing
> technology to insulate a small business from the traditional complexities of
> international trade (logistics, customs clearance, regulations) may be the
> best form to help level the playing field for people in emerging nations.
> This will hopefully enable them to sustain a livable wage.  This of course
> is contrary to the goals of those who desire to make a buck (literally) off
> the backs of others.

Scott:

These are wise words.  One of the primary reasons I have decided to
donate my personal time to ebXML is to help "level that playing field".
No,  I'm not communist (spelling?) - but I am happy that my work is
worth something to humanity.  I envision a world where everyone has low
cost and equal opportunity access to electronic business.

I am a fan of economy of scale too.  Sell one solution at $250,000 or
250,000 solutions at $1,000.  If you take away support issues,  both are
the same in software terms since there is not additional prime cost.

XML Global will continue to work within ebXML and concentrate on the
pieces of ebXML we believe are positioned to bring us revenue.  I
believe other vendors will continue to do this too.

Duane Nickull
--
CTO, XML Global Technologies