Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Article on ebXML Core Components...

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 09:06 am, you wrote:
> Rachel,
>
> I agree, that ultimately I would like to do everything automatically
> through my Quicken system. But what if Quicken (or whatever accounting
> system I have)  does not support that (yet). Or doen't support that
> specific document or process.

My system has open source libraries for inclusion into Accounting Systems to
support the standard. (PS : Not GPL)

It also has Client application which uses the libraries. This way even if
your accounting system does not support the system you can create and receive
orders and invoices. It's not a full accounting system itself as I am not
competing with these companies - I would much rather they support my efforts
by incorporating the libraries.

> And you are wrong. I don't want merely to see the message on my monitor, I
> want to be able to retrieve more information if needed and give a response
> as well (and in the process I want my Quicken system to get the data it
> needs).

You can do both with IDTrans :-)

> Anyway what I need is a more flexible way of communication than receiving
> an electronic document that is a copy (but less readable) from the paper
> one.

The first step is producing a replacement for paper - direct system to system
documents. No middleman. I know this won't please those who want to be
middlemen and extract money for every document moved - but I can't see any
real benefit for the user.

Regards,

Peter