Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Core Processes to complement Core Components?

Andrzej

There are two important efforts currently underway in this area. Firstly as
others have already pointed out the ebTWG Business Process catalog team is
developing the ebXML methodology for defining and storing BP standardised
definitions. Secondly UN/CEFACT has several projects where business expert
groups are busy modelling their processes to define the BP catalog entries
in their specific fields e.g. finance, transportation etc.

Sue

Sue Probert
Senior Director, Document Standards
Commerce One
Tel: +44 1332 342080
email: sue.probert@commerceone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrzej Jan Taramina [mailto:andrzej@chaeron.com]
Sent: 19 June 2002 22:29
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org

In a similar vein to Core Components (a very worthy effort)...I was curious
as to why
there does not seem to be a Core Processes effort underway.

I would have thought that having standardized, searchable processes (akin to

Rosettanet PIPs perhaps) would be a beneficial thing.  These processes could
be
references, inherited from, and/or copied and modified similar to Core
Components.

Or am I just being a bit stunned today and have missed something obvious?

...Andrzej

Chaeron Corporation
http://www.chaeron.com