Subject: [ebxml-dev] XML Standards for SME s/w developers

16:22 Wed 25 Jun 2002						REF:A9EACBN1

TO:	John PEMBERTON
	Secretary
	EBXML AUSTRALIA

John - you may be interested in distributing the links in this e-mail to
non oz-ebxml contacts who are observers on progress with XML
uptake by Australian SME software developers.

The links that may be of interest are:

SME E-biz Benefits survey results
http://www.smeems.net/cpr/bq/cprsf5s1.htm

The presentation papers for XML standards for SME software developers.
This is the presentation that was given in Adelaide earlier this month.
http://www.smeems.net/cpr/be/3sfc

A key discussion point has been the significance of dates and
ISO 8601.  The problem is that ISO 8601 allows at least 3 different date
representations.  We have no problem with the different date presentation,
the issue is the electronic format of the date when it is sent.  There
should only be 1 format so that every XML software developer uses the
same format. Hence the proposal by the members of the OIC Electronic
Tender service for a standard EII XML format for each date field as part of
a drop down menu process
http://www.oic.org/P/CPTAECE1.htm

If there is time I would be pleased to answer any questions at the meeting
on Friday or by e-mail

regards

Stephen GOULD
ebXML Australia Repsresentative