Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Example Registry request instance

Hi Maarten,

Another repository of sample ebXML Registry Requests is kept at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr/misc/samples/

This includes some of the examples in the specs.

Note that a unique feature of the ebXML Registry is its ability to perform
ad hoc queries. Ad hoc queries may be done using either SQL and XML
syntax's. In comparison other registries offer fixed business queries that
lack the generality and power of an ad hoc query syntax.

In V2 one can do ad hoc queries on metadata only. In V3 we will support
full ad hoc content-based queries.

The SQL query could look something like the following. Note I am
abbreviating somewhat and I have not actually tried it so it may have some
syntax error. I just mean to give you an idea of the power of the ad hoc
query mechanism of the ebXML Registry. Also I am not using any standard
taxonomies such as NAICS as it would take me time to look up the right
codes. Finally, I do not wrap the SQL Query within the AdhocQueryRequest
XML element to keep the query itself as the focus:

//Find all CPPs that has a "Seller" role, classified by auto industry and
supports RosettaNet PIP3A4

SELECT id FROM ExtrinsicObject
WHERE
   id IN (SELECT classifiedObject FROM Classification
   WHERE
        classificationNode IN (SELECT id FROM ClassificationNode
  WHERE path = ‘/CPP/Role/Seller’))
  AND
   id IN (SELECT classifiedObject FROM Classification
   WHERE
        classificationNode IN (SELECT id FROM ClassificationNode
  WHERE path = ‘/Industry/Automotive’))
  AND
   id IN (SELECT classifiedObject FROM Classification
   WHERE
        classificationNode IN (SELECT id FROM ClassificationNode
  WHERE path = ‘/BusinessProcess/RosettaNet/PIP3A4’))

If any one is interested in seeing the latest slide presentation on ebXMl
Registry V3 features, please see:

 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200208/msg00068.html

All the best.

Farrukh