Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] End to End ebXML implementation....

A version of the Sun Network Conference presentation that Peter talks about
was also presented to the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) by GM in
September, 2002.  If this is the same project that Andrzej is referring to,
then Gene Hockemeyer is correct:  The partners were all developers of the
ebXML Reference Implementation, and as of September, they were not
exchanging any production payloads with any production customers.

If this is not the project that Andrzej is talking about, than I stand
corrected.

Have a good day - JZ

John Zdanowski
XML Standardization
Infrastructure Strategy & Architecture Division
Caterpillar, Inc. - Global IT Solutions

Don't know if its the same thing, but there was a session at the Sun
Network
Conference that covered a scenario that seems quite similar.

The name of the presentation (TS-1543) was:
GM, Sun, and Sybase Demonstrate eBusiness Web Services (ebXML) in an
Automotive
Fleet Purchasing Use Case

If you go to http://sunnetwork.sun.com

you can register to get complete access to the archive of the conference.

The archive includes the presentation that was given at this session.

cheers

pk

You can get your own copy of the presentation by o
>Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:16:16 -0500
>From: Andrzej Jan Taramina <andrzej@chaeron.com>
>Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] End to End ebXML implementation....
>To: "Hockemeyer, Gene" <GHockemeyer@alcas.com>
>Cc: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
>
>> Yes... those are all developers ... who are you exchanging payloads
with?
>> what are your business transactions...??
>
>I am not at liberty to discuss that in public due to non-disclosure.
>
>Sorry....
>
>Andrzej Jan Taramina
>Chaeron Corporation: Enterprise System Solutions
>http://www.chaeron.com

Peter Kacandes

Sr. Product Manager, Java XML APIs        phone number:            408 276
7139, X17139
Java Software Products                              email:
peter.kacandes@sun.com