Re: [ebxml-dev] ebXML DTDs - UBL Update

Hi Duane,

In reference to your question below:

<Quote>
Has anyone done some up to date analysis of UBL as ebXML BIE's in
conformance with the ebXML Registry teams' request for a core component
serialization into XML?
</Quote>

The UN/CEFACT ATG (Applied Technology Group, for those not familiar with
the acronym) has begun an effort to define what I term a "CCTS
Instantiation" of Core Components - that is, how Core Components (and
their associated entities) are referenced from within an XML instance
document. Gunther Stuhec of SAP is leading this effort. The group has a
draft document which is going to be worked on at the end of this month
in London, prior to XML Europe 2003.

In any event, their work is not overlapping with ours in any way.

Thanks,
Joe

Jouko Salonen wrote:

> Duane
> The quotes you are using below were written (by me) before ebXML Core
Component specification versions 1.85 and 1.9. As Mark's comments
indicated, the questions I had at that time were answered in 1.85
versions.

> Regarding your main question: I think Diego Ballve from Republica might
be able to explain our experiences. He has been responsible of the
registry implementations in our CC/BIE projects.

> --Jouko

CoreComponent/BIE naming rules and UBL naming rules?
> > If this is so, what actually happened with the CC Feedback that UBL
naming rules document was proposing (wd-ublndrsc-ndrdoc-12)
> > To continue the discussion, I would like to know what type of
practical consequences (if any?) will follow if we ignore the conceptual
differences between UN/CEFACT Representation Terms and UBL Core Component
Types? I guess there are several on-going registry implementation projects
where piloting teams are populating registries with BIEs they construct
using a bottom-up method, but, in the same time, they try to follow the
core component type catalogue and the CEFACT naming conventions. Do these
people have to worry about the situation or not? Maybe this is a minor
thing, but I would appreciate if someone from the UBL team could comment
it.

> > Jouko Salonen
> > www.x-fetch.com

still looking for the answer.  In a nutshell, UBL is developing a library
of BIE's in full conformance with the CC specification.  That library of
BIE's will be submitted to UN/CEFACT for harmonization, approval, and
inclusion in the CEFACT CC/BIE registry (when it is stood up).  UBL is
also developing a set of XML specific naming and design rules that
optimize expressions of BIE's in XML expressed business transactions.  UBL
is currently in discussion with UN/CEFACT on how best to harmonize the
efforts of the UBL NDR with those of the UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working
Group.