RE: [ebxml-dev] MSH vs BSI acknowledgement messages

I've seen 4 used as a "functional acknowledgement" to indicate that
received
data is syntactically good/bad. A typical scenario is as follows:

Exchange 1
{
  A sends data (PO) to B.

  B sends 1,(2/3) in a single response message to A indicating reliable
delivery complete of (PO).
}

Exchange 2
{
   B sends 4 (functional acknowledgement) to A indicating successful
syntax
validation of (PO).

   A sends 1,(2/3) in a single response message to B indicating reliable
delivery complete of 4.
}

Exchange 3
{
   B sends Business level response indicating the results of processing
(PO)
(e.g. PO accepted - POA) to A.

   A sends 1,(2/3) in a single response message to B indicating reliable
delivery complete of (POA).
}

The above scenario can also be completed in a single exchange (classic
RPC),
as follows:

{
  A sends data (PO) to B.

  B sends 1,(2/3) and a Business level response (e.g. PO accepted - POA)
A in a single response message indicating reliable delivery and processing
of (PO) complete.
}

Dick Brooks
B2B Integration and Cyber Security Consultant
http://www.tech-comm.com/dbc
Mobile:602-684-1484
eFax:240-352-0714