Re: Did ebXML Help Accelerate the Web Services Evolution?

Jean-Jacques Dubray wrote:

>It is probably time that we come to all our senses, avoid divisions and
>destruction but rather look for convergence. Everybody is doing great
>work everywhere and I don't why a piece of work should "kill" another.
>WS and ebXML are technologies on two different levels, with two
>different focuses, they are vastly more complementary than competing.

+ 1 on this point.

ebXML and WS are both event driven, registry centric SOA's.  SOA is not
another specification, merely an architectural paradigm.

ebXML uses several WS specs within it already such as the WSDL
declaration and SOAP binding for the registry.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist
Adobe Systems, Inc.