Re: XML schema of electronic invoice - again

Aron:

A very good point. I believe it needs generalization since EU is the
biggest economic partnership that now starts standardizing its
e-procurement but by far not the only one. I can think of APEC as one more
example, and single countries like US, China, Canada, Japan, Australia are
also worth considering in terms of standrard compliance of their official
schemas to ebXML (or UBL).

Any links anyone can recommend on this?

Thanks,
Kremena

> Dear ebXML members,
>
> I've examined message formats (of invoice) that were suggested in
e-mails.
> The main question for us is the matter of interoperability and the
> interoperability of invoicing solutions is based on EU-wide (or
> world-wide)
> standards. I've found that only UBL has world-wide support - indirectly
> (via
> ebXML) - such as CEN/ISSS, UN/CEFACT, ISO. The UBL v1.0 was published on
> the
> 1st of May in 2004. On the other hand I've found a newly published
> document
> (June, 2004) about "e-Ordering" and "e-Invoicing" at the site of
European
> Commission - IDA "e-Procurement". In that document it is written that
the
> XML
> schema of e-Invoice is based on the schemas of OGC (UK), eHandel
(Norway)
> and UBL (OASIS).
>
> Now the big question is: what will be the finalized, standardized format
> (XML schema) of the electronic invoice that will be accepted in the
> European
> Union?
>
> Best regards,
> Aron Szabo
>
> Links:
>
> IDA (Interchange of Data between Administrations)

http://europa.eu.int/ISPO/ida/jsps/index.jsp?fuseAction=showDocument&paren
t=