Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] Version 3 ebXML what different from Version 2

Anne,

personally, i see ebXML gaining ground on the touted web services
architecture.  you can build a web service in 10 minutes (typing rate of 80
words per minute) and i think it is largely that that is the impetus for
that genre of software.  ebXML strikes me as a ROBUST web service
architecture that looks at an architecture that can be built once, left
there for all time.  though sounding emotive, and that last comment not
being exactly the case, under ebXML i think we are looking for the
architecture/layers that will provide for the future streamlined internet.

the vision is for everyone, SME, consumer, fortune 500, what ever financial
elk they may come from discovering each other and interacting business
electronically over the internet.  it is that collaboration between entities
GLOBALLY that i think is where this ebXML thing is headed.

the initial learning curve is steep, but it flattens out after 6 months or
so.

in relation to question 2:  what is required is a new vision of business,
and not the technology.  to begin that, we need to see the ebXML world as a
given, and architect ERP/SCM/CRM and other models accordingly.  some people
are technology oriented and fail to think “products”, which in itself is
against contemporary marketing thinking, considered a product orientation,
but it is the type of position indentured programmers need to be (outside of
the circle).  a business plan for deployment of ebXML needs to meet a market
need, so the question is “does the market need it”. we think so, now we need
to prove it.

me, i am in it because it feels good.

nice chatting,

dean hemopo