Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] BPSS execution engine

Hi Derrick, Steve, others

I apologize for having confused the useage of Acceptance Acknowledgement
business signal and thank you for making me review my interpretation of the
business signals!

A way around this means that I have to explicitly model the collaborative
business process in such a way, that there is a substantive "business
document" flowing back which indicates that a business request will be
fulfilled or not ... because the simple Acceptance Acknowledgement business
signal is non-substantive and does not assure me that the request will be
fulfilled how I expect it to be fulfilled.

Regards

Sacha

Below text of the ebBP 2.0 draft 12, section 1.9 on Acceptance Acknowledgement
and Receipt Acknowledgement :

Receipt Acknowledgement Business Signal
The Receipt Acknowledgement Business Signal, if used, signals that a message
(Request or Response) has been properly received by the ebXML BSI software
component.

Acceptance Acknowledgement Business Signal
The Acceptance Acknowledgement Business Signal, if used, signals that the
message received (Request or Response) has been accepted for business
processing and that processing is complete and successful by the receiving
application, service or a receiving business application proxy.  This is the
case if the contents of the business message's business documents and
Document Envelope have passed a business rule validity check. These business
rules are not necessarily specified as part of the document schema or
Business Collaboration. The state of each party is considered to be aligned
when the receiving application (in general unknown to the other party) has
signaled, via the BSI and an Acceptance Acknowledgement, that the business
document has been successfully processed. Note that this acknowledgement is
non-substantive, and simply indicate that the receiving party has reached a
satisfactory state. If for any reason, the application could not process the
business document, the sending party should be notified via a negative
Acceptance Acknowledgement signal so that it can transition to a meaningful
“internal” business state. For instance, a Purchase Order could not be
considered in the “sent” state, unless the other party had sent the
corresponding Acceptance Acknowledgment. The substantive response would come
after the Business Signal indicating whether the order had been Accepted or
Rejected. Positive Business Signals or exceptions are non-substantive in
nature, i.e. they may contain business identification data relevant to an
business acceptance of an obligation. A substantive business message actually
includes a business document such as a purchase order acceptance.