RE: [ubl-dev] UBL payload and client-server integration tools

Hi David

Have you seen an Open Source Javascript XML Digital Signature toolkit,
yet? ... to client side sign a dom or ubl instance?

There are some regular encryption algorithms implemented in Javascript
but not yet XML Digital Signature, as far as I have seen.

In some countries an invoice must be digitally signed so that the
receiver can pre-getback the tax (dont know the right term in English /
Vorabsteuer beziehen in German).

So for the dsig part:

a) it must simply get cheaper that SME's (including one man companies)
can afford a certificate signed by one of the authorities (one that is
OK for the countries tax agencies). Maybe 10$ a year but not more.

b) a javascript that before it sends the UBL invoice opens a dialog to
load the private key to sign the UBL invoice and then sends the UBL
invoice or

c) have a browser plugin to do the signing. A plugin may have more
rights to access the computers harddisk to retrieve the private key so
the user must not manually select the certificate

c) the tool (javascript/plugin) should be Open Source so it is possible
to make sure the script does not maliciously send the private key
somewhere.

Regards

Sacha