The Global Justice Reference Architecture (JRA) ebXML Messaging Service Interaction Profile Version 1.0

The purpose of this document is to establish a SERVICE INTERACTION PROFILE
(SIP) based on the ebXML family of technology standards.

A Service Interaction Profile is a concept identified in the Global Justice
Reference Architecture ([JRA2]). This concept defines an approach to meeting
the basic requirements necessary for interaction between SERVICE CONSUMERS
and SERVICES. The approach utilizes a cohesive or natural grouping of
technologies, standards, or techniques in meeting those basic interaction
requirements. A profile establishes a basis for interoperability between
service consumer systems and services that agree to utilize that profile for
interaction. A Service Interaction Profile guides the definition of SERVICE
INTERFACES.

In an SOA environment, every service interface shared between two or more
information systems should conform to exactly one Service Interaction
Profile. Service consumers who interact with an interface should likewise
conform to that interface's profile. The profile discussed in this document
is based on the ebXML family of technology standards, defined as follows:
OASIS ebXML Messaging Services, Version 3.0: Part 1, Core Features, 2007
[ebMS3]
OASIS ebXML —Conformance Profiles Gateway RX V3 or RX V2/3 for e-Business
and e-Government applications [ebMS3-PROFILES]
OASIS ebXML Business Process Specification Schema v2.0.4 [ebBP]
OASIS ebXML Collaboration-Protocol Profile and Agreement Specification
Version 2.0 [ebCPPA v2]
The Web Services Interoperability Organization (WS-I) Basic Profile, Version
1.1, dated April 10, 2006 (noted in this document as [WS-I BP]), ebXML
Messaging Services v3 is conformant with Section 3 MESSAGES and Section 6
SECURITY and all standards that those sections reference. Section 4 of WS-I
Basic Profile does NOT APPLY to ebXML. ebXML does not specify WSDL for
service descriptions and service bindings.
The WS-I Attachments Profile ([WS-I AP]), Version 1.0, and all standards
that it references
The WS-I Basic Security Profile Version 1.0 (dated March 30, 2007, 37 noted
in this document as [WS-I BSP]), all current Token Profiles, and all
standards that they reference.

http://ebxml.xml.org/resource/the-global-justice-reference-architecture-jra-
ebxml-messaging-service-interaction-profile-v