RE: [ebxml-dev] <PartyId type="?SWIFT BIC?">BBBBCCLL123<\PartyId>

Hi Dale/Pim & David,

Many thanks for your responses. They have been really helpful.

I can’t help saying though that the following could give the computer repetitive strains:

1. urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:S.W.I.F.T:0021

2. urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:SocietyForWorldwideInterbankFinancialTelecommunicationS.W.I.F.T.:0021

This is a lot better:

3. urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:iso6523:0021

And, this would be even better:

4. urn:iso6523:0060

Option (4) would also remove “ebxml” (sorry all you ebXML folks) which would enable it to be used outside of ebXML and hence have even more global adoption J

There may just be one snag however and I’m not completely sure. I’m not sure whether SWIFT is just the registrar (I suspect though that this is the case) or whether it actually owns the BIC coding scheme. If the former, the following may be more appropriate:

5. urn:iso9362:1994

An authoritative Wiki as a central repository would also be great. I could then stop searching!

Thanks again.

Charles