Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Open source client implementation of ebms
From: "Pim van der Eijk" <lists@sonnenglanz.net>
Date: Wed, July 28, 2010 8:33 am
To: "'Roger Bass'" <roger@traxian.com>, <ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org>,
"'David RR Webber (XML)'" <david@drrw.info>

Hello Roger,

I'm not aware of simpler ebMS 3.0 client-only implementations.  The implementations I know about support both the client and server functionality. If they offer a client-only option, it is a lower-cost commercial option with turned off functionality that doesn't reduce the code base size.   SOAP libraries for security and reliability needed to implement ebMS tend to depend on these larger SOAP frameworks.

The AS4 profile doesn't require reliable messaging, but still does require WS-Security.  I agree that an ebMS 3.0 client profile that drops even that requirement (and just uses TLS) seems very simple to implement.

Pim