ebxml-discussion message

Subject: Terms

Teams,

I hope that I am not speaking out of turn, but I am trying to "get my arms
around" the efforts that are underway,
to determine if there is anywhere that I can participate.   Short of living
in the archives for the next couple of months
I thought I would ask for direct guidance with the following (If I am having
this challenge, others likely are too!)  :

Is there a Glossary of terms detailed anywhere?  This would include Full
terminology and common abbreviations, definitions
of the particular working groups objectives and what they are trying to
accomplish (Generally).  And finally, what "SPACE"
is the ebXML effort aligned in?  ie.  What is the ebXML group trying to
accomplish in less technical, higher level verbage,
aka manager(Layman) speak.   ;-)  This will help to determine what the "fit"
is from the business perspective (With UDDI, OMG,
OASIS, etc).  I see a bunch of TLA's, but I am having a problem fitting them
together in the practical picture.

Any help, guidance and/or assistance you can offer is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Cameron W. Beeler
T:  501.277.2519
F:  501.273.6879
Senior Programmer Analyst
EDI Development Team
Wal-Mart Stores Co., Inc.

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.