ebxml-exec message

Subject: Re: The next ebXML meeting (location TBD)

sounds like a very good idea

Bob
_________
Bob Sutor
Director, IBM e-business Standards Strategy

Office 716-243-2445 / Cellular 716-317-6899
IBM Tieline 320-9138 / Fax 716-243-1778

"Laura Walker: OASIS" <laura.walker@oasis-open.org> on 01/09/2001 03:45:02
PM

Please respond to laura.walker@oasis-open.org

To:   board <board@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc:   ebxml-exec@lists.ebxml.org, Carol Geyer <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>
Subject:  The next ebXML meeting (location TBD)

Dear OASIS Board,

I have been cc'd on several messages today regarding the next ebXML
meeting.
A group of volunteers is diligently seeking an acceptable venue for the
week
of 2-6 April.

It is my strong recommendation that OASIS contract with a meeting
management
professional for this next meeting.  We need someone who can efficiently
locate an appropriate venue and who can effectively negotiate with the
hotel. Neither are trivial activities, and are best performed by an expert.
As you may know, the inaugural meeting and the Orlando meeting were well
managed by a meeting coordinator, and both came in on budget.

Investing $10-15K in a meeting manager will ensure that this meeting breaks
even. Otherwise, I believe OASIS  stands to risk losing what we did on the
last meeting ($15-20K).

I will proceed in identifying a meeting manager, unless there is strong
objection from the Board.

Regards,
Laura

Laura Walker