Subject: [ebxml-mktg-sc] FW: [ebxml-mktg] Revised ebXML Marketing Plan: Call toAction

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Brummett [mailto:bbrummett@mail.arc.nasa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 12:48 PM
To: carol.geyer@oasis-open.org

As a new entrant into the community, I think one key piece is missing,
and
that is a more basic education about what ebXML is and how it is
implemented. I say this as one of the chief technology strategists at a
large facility (5000 users, 12,000 systems) and of all the technical
staff  and the business community here, not a SINGLE person knows what
ebXML is and how it relates to them.

I was originally asked to research this area for fit with EC and XML by
the
Agency CIO (who has since been replaced) but outside of him (Washington
D.C. location) there is barely even a knowledge of the existence of
ebXML.

So, I think this plan is good, but it needs the addition of a an
awareness
effort as to the basics of ebXML. Basics means what it is, how it is
used,
and what it takes to implement it.

Thanks
RCB