Subject: [ebxml-mktg-sc] IBM and WS

http://digitalmass.boston.com/news/tech_innovation/news/0930_q_a.html

From interview with Bob Sutor:

"Q. Are any companies actually using Web services these days?

A. Many companies are using Web services. A lot of them are in the early
adopter phase. Many of them are using pilots. But if you look at reports
from analyst groups like Forrester and Hurwitz, they'll tell you that among
companies they've surveyed, about 40 percent of the companies are very
serious about deploying Web services.... After two and a half years, 40
percent deployment is excellent. I think the reason why is that Web
services are a good idea. It's not just, "Let's try something random and
see if it works." This is the culmination of, at this point, decades of
trying to do electronic communication between businesses.

contracts with Forrester and Hurwitz to analyze and promote WS...

We probably want to get in front of these people to educate
them how WS and ebXML are a symbiotic pairing.

Cheers, DW.