Subject: Re: [ebxml-mktg-sc] FW: CDC-ebXML

Carol, et al.

CDC has a paper on public health IT functions for emergency preparedness
and bioterrorism that mentions the role of ebMS.  See
http://www.cdc.gov/cic/functions-specs/IT_Functions_Specifications_final_21402.pdf
.

On the larger question of health care, a RAND study reported yesterday in
the New England Journal of Medicine -- and of course reported in the Daily
Wire -- says you have about a 50/50 chance in the USA of getting the health
care recommended for your condition.  In one of 10 cases, patients received
care that was either not recommended or deemed potentially harmful.  The
study recommends an overhaul of IT systems so care givers get the right
information at the right time.  There's a huge opportunity here for our
business, and especially open standards like ebXML, to not only make money,
but do a lot of good as well.

Alan Kotok
Editor, < E-Business*Standards*Today />
http://www.disa.org/dailywire/