Subject: re: [ebxml-mktg-sc] CICA ?

Mark,

I'm as underwhelmed by CICA as the authors of CICA are about ebXML.

Basically its built by a 'team' that is a schism from the original ebXML
teams after the V1.0 spec's were published.

So - its an X12-centric view.  The paper is well written - and makes
good sense on the requirements and the overall business side.
There's good stuff there that can be gleaned and re-used.

It fails IMHO on the implementation side - since it is founded on
old notions.

The latest work in OASIS on BCM, CAM, BPEL and the new
context driven models with Registry leave CICA looking very dated.

DW.
Message text written by "Yader, Mark (GXS)"

FOlks,

I'm probably the last person to know this, but I just saw some notes about
something called CICA (Context Inspired Component Architecture) that ASC
X12
has proposed.

It sounds interesting, but it also sounds like it overlaps with many things
that have already been done (or are underway)  through the international
standards processes (CEFACT, OASIS, OAGIS,...)

Can someone help me compare CICA to things I alread know (like CC, UBL,
....) ?

Thanks and regards.....=Mark
<