ebxml-mktg message

Subject: [ebxml-mktg] Gartner (was) Fwd: elevator pitches (was) gorillas,beaches, etc.

Forwarding to ebxml-mktg, where this may be a very useful datum.   JBC

From: "Jean-Luc Champion" <jean_luc_champion@yahoo.com>
To: "Bill Morgan" <bmorgan@bTrade.com>,
        "James Bryce Clark" <jamie.clark@mmiec.com>, <MCRAWFORD@lmi.org>,
        <rv@vrtprj.com>, <Scott.Beach@goodrich.com>,
        "Ralph Berwanger" <rberwanger@bTrade.com>
Cc: <ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org>, <ebtwg-bps@lists.ebtwg.org>,
        <arijit.sengupta@oracle.com>
Subject: RE: elevator pitches (was) gorillas, beaches, etc.
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:43:04 +0200

Hi All,

Sometime there are strange coincidences.  Today in Brussels at the European Center of Normalisation (CEN/ISSS) plenary session, we've had a presentation given by C. Abrams, from Gartner too.

Surprisingly, we've had the same feeling about how Gartner is "promoting" ebXML.

Are we facing a global worldwide attack against ebXML ? (another Star War Episode xxx !)  Is Gartner taking the role of "XML-God" writing an "XML-Bible" imposing how to do business in 2007 ?

Sorry but I would prefer to have those people coming back on earth, participating in the working group and helping us to grab a piece of the cake they are telling us all vendors would have ...

Jean-Luc Champion
EDI & B2B Standards Senior Consultant

+32 496 12 99 13
Jean-Luc@Champion,Name