ebxml-mktg message

Subject: RE: [ebxml-mktg] ebXML name

The greatest contribution that ebXML has made to the electronic business
Standards efforts is its focus on *business* and the representation of
*business* in some machine processable format (hence the XML).
Marketing efforts need to focus on this.  The key Standards efforts in
this area are the OASIS ebXML CPPA, the UN/CEFACT eBTWG efforts such as
Core Components, BPSS, BCPMC and BCP, and the UN/CEFACT TMWG UMM effort.
I have not seen any other standards efforts address *business* in the
way that ebXML does.

Most, if not all, the other standards efforts that are taking the
lime-light away from ebXML are technical focus standards.

Sincerely,
Brian Hayes
Collaborative Domain