ebxml-mktg message

Subject: RE: [ebxml-mktg] Journal of Commerce article

I read with interest on your article entitled "EDI for everyone".
However, I am quite confused why you relate EDI as a message
representation (letter) rather than an activity (posting)? EDI, which I
often understood as an activity in which electronic data are exchange,
hence the word electronic data interchange (EDI). So, I would rather
term EDIFACT, X12, XML etc as the message (letter) whereas VAN, AS and
transport level of ebXML (cause ebXML is more than just the transport
level) are the delivery mechanism. Together, the letter and the posting
is categorized under the term EDI (activity).

Your views on this is greatly appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: alankotok@cs.com [mailto:alankotok@cs.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 2:12 AM
To: ebxml-mktg@lists.ebxml.org
Cc: rvd2@drummondgroup.com
Subject: [ebxml-mktg] Journal of Commerce article

TO: ebXML Marketing Team

Rik Drummond and I were interviewed for a Journal of Commerce article on
AS2, but we managed to get in a few good words for ebXML as well. See
http://www.joconline.com/news/docview.asp?QueryText=(((edi++HEADLINE)++(
edi++STORYBODY)))+++((DocDate+>=+"2002/12/18")+++(DocDate+<=+"2003/1/17"
))++((joc+online++Pub)+++(joc+week++Pub)+)&SortBy=newest&DocOffset=3&Vie
wTemplate=docview.asp
for the text.

Or you can go to the JoC site (http://www.joc.com/), type in EDI under
archive search, and the article entitled EDI for Everyone is third on
the list. Best regards.

Alan Kotok
AlanKotok@cs.com
http://www.technewslit.com/
Editor, <E-Business*Standards*Today/>, http://www.disa.org/dailywire/
Co-author, ebXML: The New Global Standard (Sept 2001, New Riders),
http://www.ebxmlbooks.com/