ebxml-mktg message

Subject: [ebxml-mktg] Fwd: Re: EDIINT best practices workgroup

Thought you'd enjoy this.   JBC

From: "Anthony Mercaldi" <amercaldi@msn.com>
To: "WEDI SNIP Security Workgroup List" <wedi-security@lists.wedi.org>
Subject: Re: EDIINT best practices workgroup
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:11:07 -0500

Rachel, I must agree with you 100 percent. I not only participate in the working groups for ebXML, I'm also involved with a project called eMerge. This is an international creation of insurance transactions as a whole. It is being lead be ACORD http://www.acord.org Not only is Healthcare 10 years behind the scene, but insurance on the whole is. I find Insurance to be slower moving on change, then the government. Check out that site and you will see the wall we face on implementing EDI. At least the government mandated transactions to become compliant with HIPAA, but the rest of the insurance industry P&C, Large Commercial, Auto, etc. has it in their hands on the implementation of standards.
So it's been a good luck battle for years.....

Regards
Anthony Mercaldi