ebxml-mktg message

Subject: ebXML Forum: A Business-to-Business Framework for Energy Markets

TO: ebXML Marketing Committee

ebXML Forum -- the independent voice of the ebXML  community

Our new (22 July 2003) issue has an important article by Dick Brooks, a widely-respected consultant, active in both the utilities industry and ebXML.  Brooks reports on growing use of ebXML in the deregulated energy and utilities industries, including its proposed adoption as the business-to-business standard for the industries worldwide.

Brooks notes, "The successful implementation of ebXML, an international business-to-business framework, in Texas (as well as in Australia) has prompted the development of an international standard framework for energy markets in the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
"

Read more about these developments at http://www.ebxmlforum.org/ .

Alan Kotok
AlanKotok@cs.com
http://www.technewslit.com/
Editor, ebXML Forum, http://www.ebxmlforum.org/
+1 540-729-1421

p.s. I send this announcement to a few different lists.  If you receive more than one of these messages, my sincere apologies.