Subject: Re: Receipt Messages for the demo!!

Please see my comments below in <PY></PY>

Regards, Prasad

"Patil, Sanjay" wrote:

The packaging section of POC proposal document treats the acknowledgement payload as business document instead of treating it as a protocol signal.
<PY>Yes. That is by design. All RosettaNet entities are payload as far as ebXML is concerned. Without the Acks it won't be a RosettaNet PIP.</PY>
ex. The DocumentLabel field in the ebXML header for Request
Acknowledgement has the value of "Purchase Order Request Acknowledgement".
There is no such document type defined by Rosenttanet.
Rosettanet does not create  custom acknowledgement messages
based on the received message.
<PY>This is not a custom acknowledgment. The label is just a textual description of what is in the ebXML payload. However the TAPId.Action field should have the correct value from PIP3A4, which is simply "Receipt Acknowledgement".</PY>
My point is, we are creating confusing scenario by mixing the
Rosettanet business documents (defined by PIPs) and signal
messages (defined by and scope limited to RNIF).
<PY> I don't understand distinction you are trying to make. Both business documents and Acks *are* defined by RosetaNet and are part of the PIP (PIP3A4 in this case). Again without the Acks there is no PIP.</PY>
Instead we can live with just ebXMLHeader and no payload for
acknowledgement messages. This will at least keep the matters clean.
<PY>If you don't need or  handle the Acks, you can simply choose to throw away the payload for the acks. Others need it.</PY>
Just my thoughts.

thanks,
Sanjay Patil
Work Phone: 408 350 9619