Subject: Re: Receipt Messages for the demo!!

Marc. I agree. We should not invent (smoke & mirror)  ebXML transport Acks and focus on demonstrating (implementability and realization of)  what has been *specified* by ebXML.

Prasad

Marc Breissinger wrote:

 This is exactly what we are targeting and it is the one specified in the POC proposal document.  I have added some more verbage in the latest revision explaining the *very important* difference between transport level acks and business level acks.  The ebXML TR&P Reliable Messaging specification (first draft has been distributed) will lay out the transport level ack choreography required of TR&P service providers.  In essence, the transport level ack will acknowledge receipt and, optionally, hardening of the message (depending upon the QOS required by the message as specified in the TPA).  Note that the RosettaNet ACK message goes far beyond this level to include validation of the document itself, requiring knowledge of the structure of the payload itself.  Therefore, the RosettaNet ACK message is a business ack above the transport ack.The intent of the demo is to borrow both the business documents and the business process from PIP3A4.  Without the business level acks, we don't have PIP3A4.  We want to be able to demonstrate a "full" business process.  When the reliable messaging specification is more complete, we can add the additional transport level acks to the scenario as required by the current level of the TR&P specification, rather than making up a "smoke and mirrors" style substitute for next week.marc
-----Original Message-----
From: Patil, Sanjay [mailto:Spatil@netfish.com]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 12:23 PM
To: 'Prasad Yendluri'; Patil, Sanjay
Cc: Ebxml-Poc (E-mail); Askary, Sid

Does this mean that we are going to support a message flow as follows for the San Jose demo. Trading Partner A [Optional Backend] --> [RNService] --> [ebXML TR&P Service]  ===to TP B ==>Trading Partner B== from TP A==> [ebXML TR&P Service] --> [RNService] --> [Optional Backend]Note the requirement of RNService in the setup, since its the one which understands the RN signal messages.

Are we targeting for something like this? We need some clear-cut direction here.

Frankly, I was not considering this setup until I saw Parsad's Emails about supporting the entire PIP 3A4 for the demo, as opposed to borrowing just business documents from the 3A4 PIP. My take on this is - RN does not clear distinction between business messages and transport messages. ebXML is a new and evolving standard and can learn from the pitfalls of other standards. I get a similar feeling from the mails of other experts on this thread, as I see suggestions to use just ebXML header for the Ack messages since ebXML has not defined the Ack message payload yet. thanks,
Sanjay Patel