Subject: RE: Tokyo POC choreography - my 2c ;-)

Rik,

Sorry to have to step in here but I would like to point out that we are
following a process and a plan that we have collectively agreed to in this
WG. We already have a very aggressive schedule so I absolutely do not
support going off half-cocked. I have said this before and I will repeat it
once again. The POC is *not* a marketing exercise (it may have some ebXML
marketing benefit) and whatever we show must be rooted in sound
specifications. Before we go down the eCo path and divert resources on this
we need to get the right WG engaged - who would that be ? R&R ? If we
aren't seeing progress being made there then let's fix it.

I can not support a process that throws in technologies, frameworks etc. in
an ad-hoc fashion into the pot - I say this knowing the extent to which Sun
contributed to the eCo framework and having access to most of the eCo experts.

This is not an issue for this WG and needs to be discussed at the STC and
executive level. Clearly the UDDI initiative has created fud and I'm
concerned about it but we need to execute on a vision not track the latest
Press Release. The POC WG can't fix this problem - if you want to create
"facts on the ground" it can be done but let's do it in a systematic way in
the right forum. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick