Subject: Re: Proposal: A Registry Browser GUI tool

David,

Clearly you don't see the regrep Client and associated services as just
another ebXML Business Process (granted that it is a specialized BP).

I don't see any reason why a WAP enabled device can't be a consumer of
regrep services. But I wouldn't put a Cell Phone at the design center and
gut all the ebXML TRP functionality to meet the needs of this single
device, I would proxy the client and expose it as an ISP service. Whether
TPA assembly is likely to happen over a shoe phone is an entirely different
matter - personally I think not.

I know you have one specific solution in mind but do you feel comfortable
that you have the necessary consensus *within ebXML WGs* to say that the
regrep work is all done and the answer is 42 ? You may have but I haven't
been privy to any votes within regrep.

What makes RegRep so specialized an application that it doesn't need ebXML
TRP - can we get passed this obsession with the Client Run-time environment
- is there a technical basis for the position you are taking ?

Nick